Friday, August 7, 2009

Visiting Carlsbad Caverns









Our friends from ABQ came to visit us! We had a great time and it went by too fast. It was so nice to catch up with my good friend Peggy. We went to Carlsbad and the Lea County Fair. I forgot the camera to bring to the fair, so no pics of that fun time. All I can say is, my kids and I do not really like the calf roping. Heidi kept asking if the cow was dead every time they flipped it over. So she and I went and got cotton candy during the roping, because frankly, I did not want to watch either.

The caverns were great. We did the natural entrance instead of taking the elevator down. I am really glad we did, it was so enjoyable and I saw some formations I'd never seen before. Beautiful! The kids all did great even though the rangers told us it was strenuous. I knew they'd be fine!! We also stayed for the Bat Flight. It was so amazing. I still can't believe the number of bats that kept coming out. We stayed and watched them for 45 minutes and they were still coming out when we left. The kids did adopt a bat. They named her Miss Spiral, as the bats all spiraled around as they flew out of the cavern.

1 comment:

mary said...

I love Carlsbad! Looks like you all had a lot of fun.
theprovidentwoman.com