Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Albuquerque Tax Day Tea Party

We just happened to be going to Albuquerque for the big CAPE Homeschool convention this past week on April 15th. We joined Lanny in attending the Tea Party. We really had no idea what to expect - how many people, the tone, the format. But it turned out to be one of the most encouraging things I have been part of. Our fellow Americans, side by side, and truly non-partisan except for a handful, with one voice - Enough is enough. No more spending!! The crowd was very peaceful, yet very vocal. Upset not only at the current administration's spending, but the previous one as well. Critics of the Tea Party's, one I heard called anyone who went a racisit and a redneck - they don't have a clue. It's not a democrat or republican thing - it's about protecting the Founding Father's ideas and principles.

There were about 1500 people lining Montgomery from the IRS building near San Mateo until almost Pennsylvania. The people were enthusiastic the drivers were so supportive, honking horns, waving flags, cheering, thumbs up. It was great. We saw so many signs, and I tried to get pics of the really good ones, but of course, I couldn't get them all. A couple of my favorites that I didn't get pics of said:
Spread my work ethic, not my wages!
Don't tax me, Bro! (from the don't taze me bro)
Here are some pics. You can click on them to enlarge them.












There's Pops!

This guy's sign says it best. And note, a quote by Thomas Jefferson.

The beautiful Sandia's in the background. Boy do I miss those mountains.

No comments: