Saturday, December 27, 2008

December 27, 2008


We had a great Christmas. The kids loved their presents.
Aaron, now 8, got his first pocket knife. He is so thrilled to have it. He helped open packages all day with it. He got several books too, but I think his favorite is The Dangerous Book for Boys. He got a super fun card game called There's a Moose in Your House. We all played tonight.
Heidi also enjoyed her presents. Derreck brought her back some tights from the Netherlands. They have the coolest little girl's tights there. She also got a frilly, fancy canopy net for above her bed. She absolutely adores it. She got some Fancy Nancy things too - the dog and the doll.
Derreck got me a beautiful music box from when we were in Schwangau and it plays Eidelweis. I love it. I got the Wii Fit game and we all love that. It's really cool and definitely a good thing for me to get back into exercise. Without dance, I've gotten out of shape.
Derreck got the Tiger Woods golf for the Wii. He loves it. He also got a new pocket knife from his Dad and he loves that too. Like father, like son.
We spent Christmas afternoon with Derreck's family. It was a really nice day. D'Linda steamed crab legs. Everything was delicious!!!

Derreck and I are adding some more base cabinets to our kitchen. They are in and just need some leveling. Then we have to decide on countertop. So soon, I'll have an awesome kitchen! I can't wait until it's all done. It will make a huge difference.

It's been extremely windy here in Hobbs. I guess that's winter here. It could be worse though, so I'll leave it at that.

No comments: