Saturday, November 29, 2008

When plans go awry

Our big Thanksgiving plans and trip to Albuquerque and seeing friends and shopping never happened. It all started with Aaron getting sick last Monday. I was really hoping it would be a 24 hour bug or something mild. Nope. He ran a high fever all week so we had to cancel our trip. We were all sad and disappointed. But I also didn't think he'd be so sick. I could not get his fever to break. By Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, I thought I better take him to see a doctor, this is not going away. Unfortunately no Dr. Office was open on Friday. So we ended up taking him to the ER. That in itself was a nightmare and I don't wish to relive it by writing down any details. After all that he has a virus, but not pneumonia or the flu, so there is that to be thankful for. Unfortunately, sitting in the ER Heidi and I also started running a fever. The good thing is, Heidi usually recovers quickly, while when Aaron gets sick, he normally gets it worse than the rest of us. So hopefully the worst of his and ours is over.

On the good side...6 more days!
I will be glad to have my husband back, especially after all this!!!

No comments: