Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Golfing in Scotland!







When I first found out that the training for my job was going to take place in Europe Glen and I started trying to figure out a way to meet in the UK and play golf at St Andrews. Well, with just 3 weeks before I go home the planning finally worked out. I met Glen in London where we spent 2 full days seeing the sights. We toured Westminster Abbey, Parliment, which is where Big Ben is located,(Look kids there's Big Ben) as well as Tower of London, where Beefeaters have lived for the last 750 years, and of course Buckingham Palace.Then we hopped on a train for Edinburgh Scotland. From there we rented a car and drove to St Andrews. We were scheduled to play 3 rounds of golf in 3 days but the weather had a different plan. Unfortunately we were only able to play 1 round but that 1 round was on the historic "Old Course" of St Andrews! This is the same course that the British Open has been played many times before and will be again in July of 2010. We're talking the birth place of golf! Records show that golf was being played here as early as the 1540's. It was a great day of golf with cold weather and an extremely difficult course but it was a round of golf I will never forget. Now I am getting ready to go home. This was a great trip but the one home will be the best one yet! Take care and God Bless.

No comments: