Thursday, September 25, 2008

Brussels and Luxembourg








I had an opportunity to travel to Brussels Belgium and Luxembourg a few weekends ago. The highlight of the trip was going to be a US WWII Cemetery in Luxembourg where General Patton is buried. It was truely beautiful but the rest of Luxembourg just blew me away. Brussels was an awesome city with lots to see and do. The little statue is called Mannequin Pis, which is Dutch for little man pee. It is one of the most recognizable statues in Belgium. Next morning we started the day at the WWII cemetery. I have now been to three and each one touches me more than the others. From there we went to Luxembourg City. It is a beautiful small town that is built through a valley so you have this canyon that splits the town. Notice the homes is some of the pictures. They are built right up against the rock. The rock actually overlaps the roof in a few places. ( 8th photo. It has a red house in it) We also visited 2 castles while in Lux. One was simply a ruin the other mostly complete but both were amazing. The last place we stopped was the small village of Cleraux. A gorgeous little place where we took pics of the US tank. yet another amazing weekend not soon forgotten. I leave for the Good ol' USA tomorrow bright and early so I will post about that in a few weeks. But for now I bid you all farewell and I hope this post finds you all doing well. Tomorrow I will see my beautiful wife and two wonderful childern in Erie PA. There we will spend two weeks visiting here family. Thanks for reading and may God bless.

No comments: