Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Ups and Downs

Life is full of ups and downs. Remember this toy? The magnetic gyro wheel. I had one as a kid. I loved playing with it. Up, down, up, down, etc. Such is life.

Our jeep broke down. I was driving it to get my hair cut from my sister in law at her shop and smoke was pouring out from under the hood. Not Good! Meanwhile I get my hair cut from Julie. She gave me the cutest cut. Very Good!

So I called a family friend who was able to meet me and look at it. We managed to get it to his house and it's a major problem. I already forgot what it was, because it's all garbly-gook when people talk to me about cars, especially whatever is under the hood. Anyway, hopefully we can get that taken care of before dear Derreck comes home in just 13 days now!!!!

Yesterday was the 4th of July. Happy Birthday America! I love you and God bless you! My wonderful friend invited us to camp with her family at a local campground and watch fireworks. She even pulled my camper for me since I was without Jeep. Oddly enough, had I been in NL I would've just put a hitch on my little Corolla and pulled away. They really do that there. I hope Derreck gets some pics of the things the little cars pull. Anyway, we stayed at the campground and it was really nice to be part of another family, since mine is separated. And the other brother and sister in-law came and joined us for fireworks too, so we had a grand family time. 
Up, down, up, down, up, down....

No comments: