Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's the Final Countdown

Anybody else hear Europe's song, The Final Countdown running through their head now? Good, because I hate it when I get a song stuck in my head, and now maybe I'm not alone. When sitting here thinking what will I blog about today, my thoughts turned to Derreck and when he'll be home. 20 days, repeat, 20 days until we see him again. We've been counting down the days since it was a month away. Now 20 days. 10 days might have been more appropriate for my title, but I knew that I would either forget to blog in 10 days or forget my song, hence the title, and it's just so clever. Or is it corny? Forgive my ramblings, Aaron's friend spent the night last night. So the 2 boys and Heidi stayed in the living room up late and then they were up at the crack of dawn this morning. So I'm a little groggy and tired.
Not much has gone on in Hobbs, go figure. It's still hot, hovering around 100 degrees F now. At least it hasn't been 108 like it was all last week. We have had some great rain at night almost every night this past week. Oddly it hasn't really cooled the temp. down much, only added humidity. I'm not complaining, only stating facts. (Phil 2:14)
Today I have to empty out the kiddie pool and refill it so the kids will have something to do in this heat. That's really all that's on the agenda today. Sounds like a good summer! Hope everyone else is too.

No comments: