Sunday, November 18, 2007

Top 10 list

I've been in Hobbs just over 6 months now. I've got the top most annoying and/or strange things about Hobbs running through my head, I just have to put it down, so maybe my head will be cleared. This is not meant to offend anyone. And to be Fair and Balanced, I'll add my favorite things about the move too.

Annoying/Strange
1. Horrible grammar; worst words: ain't and usetacould. (Get your redneck dictionary out)
2. Public library is not online.
3. About 3/4 of the people here drive huge trucks and park them in little parking spaces.
4. No matter what time of day it is, you will see at least one person out and about in their pajamas, slippers too.
5. Street signs non-existent.
6. You have to drive 2 hours to be anywhere
7. Cost of living way too high for Hobbs!
8. Businesses are incompetent for the most part (whatever it is, do it or get it yourself, even if you have to drive 2 hours)
9. Big hair is back!

Good things
1. Our new home.
2. The benefits of D's new job.
3. Making new friends.
4. Getting to know my in-laws better.
5. Kudos to Bill Richardson for making the public smoking ban statewide, other wise that would be in the "bad" list because way too many people here smoke.
6. Living in Hobbs makes me depend more on God.
7. The location of our new home - outside of Hobbs. We're rural people now! But Aaron dug a big pit in the backyard and we built a fire in it and roasted marshmallows last night!

Ok, so it's not 10 of each nor is the list equal. But I do feel much better now!

No comments: